Purchasing Health Insurance
You’ve heard a lot of buzz about healthcare reform and now you want to know how it will affect you and your family! We’ve got the answers on everything you need to know about what’s new in the health insurance market.
- You can purchase health insurance directly from Sanford Health Plans.
- You can purchase health insurance directly through the Marketplace by going to healthcare.gov.
- Remember that you must apply and update your information through healthcare.gov in order to receive any appropriate tax credits or cost sharing reductions.
Purchasing directly through Sanford Health Plan (sanfordhealthplan.com):
- Enrollment is done directly through Sanford Health Plan
- All plan changes throughout the year can be done through Sanford Health Plan
- Your first month’s premium is not required with the initial application
- Our trained local community agents can help enroll you in a plan that best fits your needs and lifestyle
- Important: You must enroll through the Marketplace at healthcare.gov in order to receive Tax Credits and/or Cost Sharing Reductions
Purchasing directly through the Marketplace (healthcare.gov):
- Enrollment is done directly through healthcare.gov
- All available carriers in your state’s Marketplace will display their plan options and rates side by side
- Plan changes throughout the year need to be done through the personal account you create on the Marketplace
- Your first month’s premium is required with the initial application
- Agents that have been trained on the Marketplace and with the available carriers can help you enroll in a plan that best fits your needs and lifestyle
- The information you provide will alert you to whether or not you qualify for Tax Credits and/or Cost Sharing Reductions
No. You cannot be denied coverage based on your current health status nor can your coverage be terminated due to your health conditions. This does not include termination or loss due to failure to pay premiums on a timely basis, including COBRA premiums prior to expiration of COBRA coverage, or an act, practice, or omission that constitutes fraud.
The information provided above is for educational purposes only and not a substitute for professional advice. While Sanford Health Plan tries to keep the information as accurate as possible, health care information changes rapidly and thus this information should not be relied upon as comprehensive or error free. In no event will Sanford Health Plan be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you or anyone else in reliance upon the information contained on this page.