Living with a health condition can be challenging and Sanford Health Plan is here to support you. We offer programs for members with chronic and complex health conditions.
A nurse case manager is available at no cost to help you:
- Understand your health condition and available resources
- Help you understand your treatment plan
- Assist in the coordination of your care
- Work with you to create a personalized plan of action and goals to help you get back on track
Chronic Health Conditions
If you have asthma, high blood pressure, diabetes, heart failure or heart disease, our case managers can give you the right tools to manage your condition and to ensure you are receiving the recommended care that you need.
Complex Health Conditions or Injury
If you have more complex health needs, a nurse case manager can help by:
- Explaining you medical problems and treatment plans
- Helping with communication between doctors and hospitals
- Making a self- management plan that puts you more in control of your health
- Explaining your health insurance benefits and how they work
- Connecting you to the right resources and services
- Helping you transition from one health care setting to another
If you are expecting, our free Healthy Pregnancy Program can help guide you through your pregnancy. Through this program, you will get the support you need to make the best choices for you and your baby. Our program includes:
- A nurse that reviews a health assessment with you to tailor support, tips and tools to meet your needs.
- A care management nurse to help you with any pregnancy questions and care needs.
- Information on pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum.
- Access to Text4baby, a free tool that helps you feel ready for motherhood.
Other Health Conditions
We also provide assistance and education for other health conditions including:
- Mental Health
For more health resources or to enroll in a health management program, log into your mySanfordHealthPlan account. If you would like to speak with a Health Plan Case Manager, please contact the Care Management Department.